Cookham Discussion Board
September 22, 2018, 03:19:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
22 September 2018 - Live@the Church

25 September 2018 - Cookham Medical Centre Closed for Training - 12.30-6.30pm

TO REGISTER TO POST ON THIS DISCUSSION BOARD email the Webmaster@cookham.com with a User name you would like. This is due to spammers.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: the crown  (Read 4831 times)
mike

« on: May 07, 2008, 10:19:18 AM »

i see the crown has had another bad review, in some ways i can see why i popped in there on monday and a couple turned up with there 2 kids and asked what time the food is served to and the guy behind the bar said 5pm (this was at 4pm)
they then ordered some drinks sat down and looked through the menu, when they came back within a few minutes they said they were no longer serving food
not good
declan
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2008, 11:01:39 AM »

mike sounds normal doesnt he !!
Paul
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2008, 01:25:05 AM »

Mike sound like he has some sort of grudge with the Crown what idiot would start a forum about that subject.  Obviously it was bank holiday, obviously they were busy i drove past about 3pm and the place was packed (like the old days) so im sure they proberbly run out of food and had too close the kitchen, it does happen, anyway mike why would you start such a stupid forum?
tom
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2008, 09:34:52 AM »

I notice the last post was at 1am in the morning, prob just left the crown!!!
I suppose the same idiot put the the review on the web again 1.20am!!

the pub was prob busy on a bank holiday monday, and if they did stop serving food because it had sold out, they should have had a look at the weather forecast and realised that it was a bank holiday weekend and it might be busy!! and stocked up and had a profitable weekend

as the review states poor management

they prob run out of beer aswell!!

Brian
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2008, 10:05:16 PM »

I think you need to go to the Crown and try it before you knock it, i live just down the road and had not been in there for ages but i thought i would give it a go. The pub had really gone down hill over the last 5 years, but looks as though things are changing. Have not tried the food yet but im planning on going in for dinner one night this week.
Jennie roll

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2008, 10:39:02 PM »

:)Food and service excellent - don't knock it tilll you  try it I did it was lovely
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: