Cookham Discussion Board
September 19, 2018, 11:04:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
20 September 2018 - The Boxford Mosaic

20 September 2018 - Cookham Book Club

22 September 2018 - Live@the Church

25 September 2018 - Cookham Medical Centre Closed for Training - 12.30-6.30pm

TO REGISTER TO POST ON THIS DISCUSSION BOARD email the Webmaster@cookham.com with a User name you would like. This is due to spammers.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: cookham plan meeting  (Read 15503 times)
Madenhead Driver
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2008, 10:32:22 AM »

bazza, I've thought about it and I agree about the double deckers. Perhaps more single deckers or minibuses running more frequently. An integrated transport system would be better. I thought that double deckers only ran on the Wycombe route which isn't served by trains from Cookham.

Another thing is the waste lorries. A better system of recycling would cut down on the huge waste lorries going through the village. It would mean more pickups, maybe three a week, but if the bin vans are the size of transit vans then it cuts down on the congestion.
bazza
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2008, 10:33:09 AM »

Maidenhead Driver we should form a new Transport Working Group, I reckon we could sort it all out in no time. But we wouldn't be chosen because a) we aren't landowners who'd make a killing b) we aren't in the chairman's lodge!
Fiona Beaumont
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2008, 10:33:57 AM »

In response to my letter published in the Maidenhead Advertiser last week, I received this morning a letter from Geoffey Copas. Firstly, I am impressed that he has taken the time and trouble to find my details and put pen to paper in a very courteous manner.

Secondly, he has pointed out that he has never proposed a road across Poundfield. In fact, he has supported the southern bypass option as one to be explored. It seems that the idea of a walkway across the back of the Pound was proposed by his family in the past and was rejected by the Cookham Plan Steering Group. Therefore, as with most concerned residents, I think that is where we should be focusing our energies and I apologise to the Copas family if, by implication, the facts stated were incorrect.

And by the way, I do NOT now work for the Copas family, have free use of grazing, have been sent a turkey…….
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: